Saturday 2 July 2011

Clothes Swap Party


 Yesterday I went to my first clothes swap party. I have to tell you I loved it! It was a Fundraiser for my friend Nikki, who is off to Mexico to lead a team of young people (it's called M10)


I arrived quite early with my stash of clothes. and helped set up. Dresses were pinned to a washing line and we piled clothes, jewellery and accessories into different categories around the living room. Most of the stuff was 8-12Uk sized. which was great as that was the size of most of the guests.


Much trying on was had. Advice on altering was given. Chilli was eaten. donations were made. This has to be one of the best ways of updating your wardrobe for next to nothing, having fun, recycling and raising money.

I can highly suggest it as a fundraising activity :)

I acquired: two pairs of trousers, A jumper dress, a jade green beaded blouse and a slinky black dress.


1 comment:

  1. what a fantastic idea I think I would love to go to one of these looks like you had a great time xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...