Tuesday 18 February 2014

Tasty Tuesday Teatime

I'd like to share with you our simple and tasty tea from today. It's based on the Hairy Bikers' Spicy Pork and Rice dish, with a few modifications. It's dead easy, one pot and blooming tasty.


First Soften an Onion, cut into wedges, in a little olive oil, fry for about 3 minutes.


Add about 500g of Pork loin, seasoned with salt and pepper and cut into strips, to the onion and brown, then I added 2 peppers cut into strips, some Chorizo sausage, two cloves and garlic and fried for a couple of minutes until the oil started to come out of the Chorizo. I also added a couple of chopped tomatoes as they needed eating up.


I added 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes, 1 teaspoon each of ground coriander and cumin and a little salt to season. stir this to combine with the mixture.


I added 300g of rinsed rice - I used a fragrant long grain rice and mixed in with the meat and vegetables.


Add some chicken stock, you need just enough to be absorbed by the rice - my method is to double the volume of the rice - (e.g. 1 cup of rice = two cups of stock) In this case I added 750ml of Stock.


I then added some broccoli Florets and brought to the boil. Stir, cover and reduce the heat to a low simmer until all the liquid is absorbed and the rice and meat are cooked. add extra liquid if needed. I found this took about 20 minutes.


Serve with a green Salad and a nice glass of wine.






If you haven't got the Hairy Bikers healthy eating books I can highly recommend them. They provide great recipes that become family favourites and are healthy as well.









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...