Sunday 17 March 2013

Burda Jacket


You might remember my Christmas Birthday dress. It's the one I made with the fabric my sister bought be for my Birthday last July, but that I didn't get around to sewing up until December, and I wore it to boxing day and New year celebrations.



Well there was a little extra fabric -just enough for a jacket. I'd already decided to make the jacket at the time I made the dress, but just didn't get around to it. But with wedding season fast approaching (the first being next week) I decided that I should get a move on and actually make it up.

I used the bolero jacket from Burdastyle 4/2012. It was a petite size so I lengthened the pattern to make it just skim my waist.

The construction was easy, although the instructions were a bit vague - they often are in the magazine! I'm not 100% happy with the final outcome, especially the sleeves - but I'm not beating myself up about it and I will wear it. You really do need a jacket for a spring wedding!



2 comments:

  1. Ohhh what a pretty dress! It works so well for Christmas and Spring Weddings :-) I completely agree you do need a jacket at this time of year - we went to a wedding a fortnight ago and the weather was awful! Hope you have better weather for yours next week and I think the jacket looks great! Simmi x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...