Sunday 28 June 2015

Skull Crop Top Burdastyle 2/2015 #127



I was initially a little bit wary of this pattern. I thought it was too short, but after a bit of thought I decided to give it a go.

I had some cream skull knit fabric left over from a dress I made my daughter a couple of years ago. I say knit, but it had next to no stretch and needed soemthing underneath - so I cut the pattern in both a white cotton and the skull fabric.


I lengthened the top by about 5 cm and it feels like a good length. I would wear it with high waisted skirt/ trousers without a top underneath, but today I was wearing my low rise jeans and so wore a vest top underneath.


I actually quite like the pattern and the fit was generally good. I will widen the shoulders just a touch for the next version - Oh and there will be more; this would look great over a fitted maxi dress or with high waisted trousers. Next time a cotton one I think - maybe some crochet edging.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent fabric Claire, it would be really cute with a dress. Nice job ; )

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your views, so come and share.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...